Friday 31 May 2013

TAG :: 7 Deadly Sins of Beauty



Hello everyone! 

While I was not particularly tagged to do this post, I thought I'd give it a go any way. I'd seen this tag go around the YouTube world many times, and recently have seen some on a few fashion and beauty blogs. This post was a ton of fun to do, so I hope you guys enjoy my rendition of it! To keep this tag going, I tag Debbie from What Doffy Does!

xo,

Luvania 

1. Greed: What is your most expensive beauty item?

Oh no, I'm already on the train of not being able to choose just one product.
In terms of retail value, the Chanel Mat Lumiere Foundation (I wear #40 Sand Beige), however if we're talking in terms of quantity of product in relation to price, then I'd have to choose my YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick (#14).

2. Wrath: What beauty item do you have a love/hate relationship with?
This one is so easy! The Urban Decay Naked Palette (the original one). When I first bought this palette, I don't think I really used anything else, however when the Naked 2 came out, I started to notice all the things I didn't really like about the original palette. First off, there's only one highlight shade, and its shimmery (which is a big no-no for me), the blending colours don't do me that much justice (in comparison to Tease from the Naked 2), and sometimes I find that the colours end up coming out a bit muddy. However, other times, I love to just use some of the darker brown colours in the palette for a quick and easy day-time appropriate smokey eye.

3. Gluttony: What makeup brand is the biggest chunk of your makeup collection?
Hands down, MAC. Foundation, concealer, paint pot, eyeshadows, blushes, lipsticks - and I use them on an everyday basis.

4. Sloth: What product do you neglect to use due to laziness?

Hmm, this one was a bit of a stumper for me because I'm usually not that lazy when it comes to my makeup, so I'm switching this one up a little by choosing a skincare item. I wish I would exfoliate my skin more! I own the Freeman Facial Enzyme Mask in Pineapple, and although it says its a mask, it has the texture of a regular facial scrub. I suppose you could leave it on your skin for longer, as you would a facial mask too. Anyway, I honestly do have good intentions to use this, but by the time I wrap up for the night after studying or what have you, I just want to cleanse, tone, and moisturize - and even that's a stretch for me by midnight! 

5. Pride: Which beauty product gives you the most confidence?

Definitely foundation and under-eye concealer. While I do have a number of foundations which I choose to use depending on the occasion, the under-eye concealer that truly sticks out for me is MAC's Pro Long Wear Concealer (NC30). When I do my makeup, I always leave my under-eye concealer until almost the very end, so it doesn't catch any fall out and I always notice what a BIG difference under-eye concealer can make. This one by MAC just happens to be my favourite!

6. Lust: Which item is at the top of your beauty wish list?

At the moment, I am lusting over the Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Primer. While I do already have this product, I am nearly running out, and Sephora seems to ALWAYS be sold out of it! While the only other place I can think of to pick this up is at Holt Renfrew, I haven't had a chance to stop by the store, as its quite a ways away from my home. I'm also not quite one for online shopping (haven't been sucked into the dark hole yet!), but if by the time I do run out of my current tube, I may just have to! Also, had you asked me this question last month, it would have definitely been the YSL lipstick. 

7. Envy: What makeup product looks great on others but not yourself?

Dark red/vampy lipstick shades. We all know Canada is known for its cold weather (although Vancouver not being as bad), so I feel like its a necessity to be able to rock the darker hues on the lips during those cold months! I was also afraid of wearing bright lipstick shades, as I didn't think it looked great on me, however I've stepped out of my comfort zone this spring (as you would have seen from my Makeup Haul a few weeks ago), and have been really loving it! I'll probably give the darker colours another go whenever fall/winter rolls around again. 



5 comments:

  1. Haha great post, I'll do a reply post very soon! Agree about Naked2, like it more than the first one but you stated exactly why in such an eloquent manner ;) I also think the main thing I can't walk out of the house without is foundation/concealer on my face and under my eyes! And oh dear, I've been sucked down the dark vortex of online shopping and am having a tough time climbing out :P

    xx Debbie

    www.whatdoffydoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, looking forward to it! OH NO... I wish you luck with the online shopping! Haha

      xo,

      Luv

      Delete
  2. great post! would you like to follow each other in gfc and bloglovin? let me know!http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for checking out our blog! Just followed you back on your blog and Bloglovin :)

      xo,

      Luvania

      Delete
  3. Hi! Thanks for your sweet comments :)

    You should definitely do the tag yourself... would love to read your responses!

    xo,

    Luvania

    ReplyDelete